We provide a joined-up assessment of key rural development problems:
- The impacts of policy changes upon society and the environment, and how they respond (for example the reforms to the Common Agricultural Policy, and the introduction of the Water Framework Directive)
- Community development, such as public empowerment and the governance of development strategies
- Demographic change, including choice and freedom, marginalisation and discrimination
- Investment and technology, examining the opportunities and demands on lifestyles and infrastructure
Applications are typically related to published reports or policy briefs such as:
- Challenges in creating local agri-environmental cooperation action amongst farmers and other stakeholders. Final report to SEERAD.
- Policy Brief 1 Practical Approaches to Participation Policy Brief.
- Policy Brief 2 The Urban-Rural Divide: Myth or Reality?
- The potential use of the Land Capability for Agriculture Classification for determining support to disadvantaged areas of Scotland - a report to SEERAD.
- A Framework for Developing Indicators of SustainableTourism
Macaulay's report (2007) on land use trends in the crofting counties is now officially available via the Crofting Inquiry website
Updated: 24 Apr 2013, Content by: 5775